GEORGE’S® Bloody Mary Stuffed Peppers
1 cup cooked rice (we used Jasmine Rice)
6 large bell peppers any color
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 medium onion chopped
1 pound extra lean ground beef
3 cloves garlic minced
1 cup GEORGE’S Bloody Mary Mix, your choice, Frank’s RedHot®, Old Bay®, Zatarain’s®, Spicy or Mild
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce optional
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
Salt & pepper to taste
* Preheat oven to 400F and move rack to the middle position.
* Cut the tops off the peppers and remove any seeds/membrane. Small chop the usable stuff from the pepper tops (you’ll add this to the filling).
* Place the peppers cut-side up in a baking dish (we used a 9×13). Add one cup of water to the bottom of the dish so the peppers will steam and cook faster.
* Heat a large skillet over medium heat, add the oil, onion, and chopped up pepper tops. Sauté for 5 minutes.
* Add the ground beef to the skillet. Cook it, breaking up the meat as you go, until it’s browned and cooked through (about 8 minutes). Spoon out most of the fat.
* Stir in the garlic, followed by the Bloody Mix, worcestershire sauce, and italian seasoning. Let it warm through and then take the pan off the heat.
* Stir in the cooked rice and 1/2 of the cheese. Season with salt & pepper as needed (give it a taste). Add more Bloody Mary Mix if desired. Spoon the mixture into the peppers.
* Cover the baking dish tightly with foil. Place it in the oven and bake for 40 minutes.
* Take the dish out of the oven. The peppers should be still a little bit firm to the touch. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese over top.
*Return the peppers to the oven (uncovered) for another 5-10 minutes or until the cheese melts. You can broil at the end for a few minutes if you want to brown the cheese more.