George’s Guide to Fall 2022!
When the leaves are turning, and there’s a slight chill in the air, you know what that means— it’s the first day of fall! That’s right, fall is here, which means that it’s finally time for apple picking, pumpkin carving, and making all of those delicious autumn-inspired cocktail recipes that you’ve been saving all summer long!
See some of our favorite ways to cozy up this fall, and check out how you can ramp up and elevate your fall cocktail game with George’s Beverage Company!
The Best Fall Cocktails
There’s something about fall that makes us want to cozy up with a warm blanket by a fire, with a delicious cocktail in hand. That’s why our team has pulled together some incredible recipes for autumn cocktails that will keep you refreshed and inspired all season long!
OLD BAY® VODKA Autumn Spiced Pear Cocktail
Spice sounds so so nice with our OLD BAY® VODKA Autumn Spiced Pear Cocktail! Follow the instructions below to learn how to make this delicious drink at home:
- Combine 3 ounces of water, and 6 tablespoons of sugar in a small saucepan.
- Heat over medium-low heat until the sugar is dissolved, stirring often.
- Add 3 sage leaves and 1 inch of roughly chopped fresh ginger, and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Turn off the head, and allow the mixture to steep for 15-20 minutes, then strain. Discard the sage and ginger.
- To each ice-filled glass, add 2 tablespoons of the sage-ginger syrup, 2 ounces of OLD BAY® VODKA, and 5 ounces of pear juice or nectar, and stir.
- Garnish your drinks with a slice of pear, and sprinkle with a dash of Old Bay® Seasoning.
GEORGE’S® Spiced Harvest Margarita
Apple cider margs? Say no more! Check out what you need for this yummy drink below.
What You Need:
- 2 oz. silver tequila
- 1 ½ oz. GEORGE’S® Margarita Mix
- 1 ½ oz. fresh Apple Cider
- 1 star anise
How You Make It:
- Combine tequila, GEORGE’S, apple cider, star anise, and an ice cube or two in a shaker and shake very well for at least 30 seconds.
- Pour into ice-filled glasses.
- Garnish with apple slices, lime wheels, cinnamon sticks, and/or star anise if desired.
GEORGE’S® Blood Orange Bourbon Sour
Can you say YUM?! Simply fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Then, pour 1 ounce of freshly squeezed blood orange juice, 2 ¼ ounces of bourbon, and 2-2 ½ ounces of GEORGE’S® Sweet and Sour Mix into our cocktail shaker, and shake well until cold.
Then, place one large ice cube into a cocktail glass, strain the mixture, and pour it into your glass. Garnish with a cocktail cherry and a blood orange slice, and enjoy!
Apple Cider Martini
It’s called class, darling! Our Apple Cider Martini is the perfect drink for your fancy fall shindigs or hanging at home.
Simply add 1.5 ounces of OLD BAY® VODKA, 2 ounces of fresh apple cider, ½ ounce of Cointreau, ½ ounce of fresh lemon juice, and 1 teaspoon of maple syrup into a cocktail shaker.
Add a handful of ice and shake well until cold. Then, pour the mixture into a martini glass, garnish with apple slices, and dust with OLD BAY® Seasoning.
GEORGE’S® Spiced Orange Margaritas
Margaritas aren’t just for sweet summertime! See how we make this fall classic below.
What You Need – Margarita:
- 4 ounces of freshly squeezed orange juice or no-sugar-added orange juice.
- 4 ounces of GEORGE’S® Margarita Mix
- 3 ½ ounces of tequila
- 2-star anise
- 1 strip of orange peel
- 1 1-inch piece of ginger
- 1 cinnamon stick.
What You Need – Rim:
- 2 teaspoons of coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon of cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon of orange zest
How You Make It:
- Combine all of the ingredients for the rim on a small plate, and rim your glasses.
- Combine all of the ingredients for the margaritas in a cocktail shaker (if possible, set in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes so the ingredients can infuse together!).
- Add a few ice cubes and the margarita mixture vigorously.
- Strain and pour the mixture into your ice-filled, rimmed glasses.
- Add orange slices, cinnamon stick, and/or star anise to garnish.
Old Bay® Vodka Apple Cider Mule
Nothing screams fall like a mule! See how we put a fall twist on one of our favorite drinks below.
- In an ice-filled copper mug, pour in 2 ounces of OLD BAY® VODKA, 2 ounces of apple cider, and ½ ounce of freshly squeezed lemon.
- Add 3 ounces of ginger beer.
- Garnish your drink with lemon, apple slices, and cinnamon sticks.
- Dust with OLD BAY® Seasoning and enjoy!
Bonus Recipe: Gnocchi Alla OLD BAY® VODKA
Nothing screams fall like some delicious homemade pasta! Ready in 20-minutes, these soft, pillowy potato gnocchi are the perfect vessel for a rich, vodka tomato sauce spiked with the iconic flavor of OLD BAY® Vodka.
What You Need:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic, very finely chopped or grated
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/3 cup OLD BAY® Vodka
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons OLD BAY® Classic Seafood Seasoning
- 1 pound (16 ounces) potato gnocchi
- Sliced crusty bread, to serve
How You Make It:
- Cook gnocchi as directed on the package, reserving 1/4 cup pasta water. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large deep saucepan on medium-high heat. Add garlic; cook and stir for 1 minute
- Add tomato paste; cook and stir for 1 minute until deep, dark red in color.
- Stir in OLD BAY® Vodka until blended. Whisk in heavy cream. Bring to simmer; cook and stir until smooth and slightly thickened, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in OLD BAY® Seasoning and reserved pasta water until well blended. Remove from heat.
- Stir in gnocchi, tossing to coat well with the sauce. Serve with crusty bread for dipping.
Oyster Season on the East Coast
Did you know that fall is peak oyster season here on the East Coast? Here are some fun facts about these little mollusks:
- Oysters are vital to the ecosystem of the Chesapeake Bay and are truly the answer to reversing the poor water quality, and declining habitats of the waters.
- Adding oyster shells to the garden helps buffer soil acidity and provide plants with vital calcium.
- They are DELICIOUS with our award-winning OLD BAY® VODKA! See our Bay Oyster Shooter recipe below.
- Wet the rim of a tall shot glass with water, and dip in OLD BAY® to coat.
- Add 1 ½ ounce of OLD BAY® VODKA into the glass.
- Add a dash of hot sauce, such as OLD BAY® Hot Sauce.
- Drop in a fresh oyster, and serve immediately. Cheers!
Learn more about GEORGE’S® Craft Cocktails proudly supporting the Oyster Recovery® Partnership.
Fun Fall Activities for Friends and Family
Are you ready to snuggle up in your favorite sweater and check some items off your fall bucket list? See some of our favorite ways to celebrate the season below!
1. Tailgating at a Football Game!
It’s officially football season, which means it’s time to get your tailgate on! Check out our top tips for tailgate season. Including food, drinks, and games to celebrate before the big game!
2. Visiting a Pumpkin Patch
Of course, visiting a pumpkin patch has to be on your fall bucket list! Pay a visit to your local patch to pick out the perfect pumpkins for decorating your porch, and for carving! While you’re there, take advantage of other fun activities that they offer, such as hayrides, photo op areas, and more!
3. Picking Fresh Apples
There’s just something sweeter about picking your own apples, right? Visit your local orchard and grab the juiciest apples for baking pies, and crisps, and don’t forget- to garnish your favorite cocktail!
4. Bonfires with Friends
Invite your friends and family over for a bonfire and enjoy roasting marshmallows and telling your favorite ghost stories! Make a batch of your favorite fall cocktails, and have fun!
5. Host Friendsgiving, or a Chili Cook-Off
Nothing screams fall like having your friends and family gathered around the table to munch on some yummy food, with delicious cocktails in hand. Set the table for a fun Friendsgiving, or, throw down and see who can make the ultimate chili. Check out our recipes to see how you can throw down in the kitchen with George’s!
We can’t wait to see how you celebrate the fall season! Remember to tag George’s Beverage Company on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok! — We’d love to feature you on our Social Media and Website!