GEORGE’S® ULTIMATE HOLIDAY GUIDE
The holidays are almost here! Are you making your list and checking it twice? ‘Tis the season of giving and at George’s®️ Beverage Company, we know just how to take the holiday season up a notch with a holiday gift guide filled with treats that are sure to impress your friends, family, white elephant, and secret Santas this holiday season.
Get ready to delight this holiday season with some amazing gift basket ideas from the team at George’s®️!
Bloody Mary Lovers
For the bloody mary lover in your life, help them get their brunches started off right with the following items in their gift basket;
- Their favorite George’s®️ Bloody Mary Mixes…. and there’s a lot to choose from!!
- Garnishes such as lemons, limes, pickles, celery, and/or olives.
- OLD BAY to line the rim.
- Shakers to mix it all up.
- Toothpicks or skewers for the garnishes.
- A bottle of their favorite vodka, or tequila for Bloody Maria’s.
- Mason jars or other glasses for your recipient to reuse when making their favorite drink!
Want to take your gift up a notch? Add in the recipient’s favorite snacks, beef sticks, and fun holiday straws. Put all these items in a basket or small crate so they can be reused, and decorate it with bows, ornaments, and even a tag with a cute saying, like “we bloody love you!”
But First, Margaritas
Does your recipient love margarita sippin’? We have the perfect gift for them! Shake things up with this festive margarita basket;
- Include their favorite George’s®️ Margarita Mixes!
- Margarita salt for the rims.
- Garnishes such as limes and oranges. Or, if you’re going for a strawberry margarita basket, add strawberries!
- Their favorite rum or tequila.
- Add shakers, snacks, and napkins to add extra flair.
Giving this gift to the mama in your life? Add in some fun “mamacita needs a margarita” and “mom-arita” glasses and dish towels!
First They’re Sour, Then…
Our George’s®️ Sweet and Sour Mix is one of the most versatile mixes that we offer! Add the following to this sweet and sour gift basket to delight;
- George’s®️ Sweet and Sour Mix.
- Their favorite bourbon, whisky, or gin!
- Lemon for the garnish.
- A cocktail shaker, or, bonus points for a bar toolset!
The George’s Sweet and Sour mix is the perfect addition to many cocktail favorites. Add in various cocktail drinking glasses so your host can get the most out of their at-home bar setup.
HOLIDAY THEMED DRINK RECIPES
The gift baskets are made, and now it’s time for a drink! Whether you’re mixing them up for one, or a group, these great cocktails are sure to impress this holiday season.
George’s® White Christmas Margarita
Dreaming of a white Christmas? Make one happen inside your home with this delicious holiday cocktail!
- One 13.5 oz. can of coconut milk
- 12 oz. silver tequila
- 12 oz. George’s® Margarita Mix
- 2 cups of ice
- 1 lime sliced in rounds, and cranberries for the garnish
- Sugar for rimming the glasses (we used white, red, and green for Christmas!)
- Combine the coconut milk, tequila, George’s Margarita Mix, and ice in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Rim the glasses with a lime wedge and dip in the sugar.
- Pour the margarita into glasses, garnish with a lime wedge and cranberries, and serve immediately.
George’s® Cranberry Margarita
There’s nothing like starting off the holiday season with a refreshing George’s® Cranberry Margarita! Let us show you how to make it!
- 2 oz. silver tequila
- 1 oz. George’s® Lime Margarita Mix
- 1 oz. Cranberry juice (No sugar added)
- Lime wedge and cranberries for garnish
- Combine tequila, George’s® Margarita Mix, and cranberry juice in a shaker with some ice.
- Shake and strain over ice-filled glasses.
- Garnish with lime and cranberries.
Bonus Tip: Making margarita for a crowd? Make our George’s Cranberry Margaritas in a big batch by combining one bottle of silver tequila, half a bottle of George’s Lime Margarita Mix, half a bottle of cranberry juice (750 ml). Then stir and pour over glasses filled with ice, garnish each one with lime and cranberries.
George’s® Wintery Citrus Sour
George’s® Wintery Citrus Sour is the perfect cold-weather drink to warm you up! See how we make ours below.
- 2 oz. gin
- 2 oz. no sugar added grapefruit juice, or fresh grapefruit juice
- 1 ½ oz. of George’s® Sweet and Sour Mix
- ½ oz. of Cointreau
- Lemon rind for a garnish
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker (except the lemon garnish) and add ice.
- Give it a quick 5-second shake.
- Strain out the drink into a cocktail glass.
- Twist the lemon rind and place it on the glass for garnish.
George’s® Hot Toddy Cocktail
George’s® Hot Toddy Cocktail… now try saying that ten times fast! This cold-weather cocktail is perfect for cozy nights at home, sitting around the bonfire, and trying to get rid of that pesky cold! Here’s how it’s done;
- ¾ cups of hot water
- 2 oz. of whiskey
- 1-2 tsp. of honey
- 1- 1 ½ oz. of George’s® Sweet and Sour Mix
- Orange slices, cherries, and cinnamon sticks for garnish
- Stir the first four ingredients listed together in a mug.
- Garnish to your heart’s content with orange slices, cinnamon sticks, and a cherry.
- Sip and enjoy!
HOLIDAY PARTY THEME IDEAS
Are you hosting the holiday party at your place this year? At George’s® Beverage Company we love a good get-together with all of our family and friends. Check out our favorite ways to celebrate with a few clever party themes listed below!
Partying in pajamas? Count us in! Dress down for the party this holiday season by inviting a group to come over for drinks and snacks in their best Christmas pajamas. Or, relive your childhood by inviting your gal pals for a Christmas-themed slumber party.
Ugly Sweater Party
An oldie but goodie! There’s something so fun about seeing everyone in their holiday worst (or best, we don’t judge.) Hand out some fuzzy Christmas socks to your guests to complete their looks!
Christmas Cocktails Celebration
You know we had to include this one! Host a Holiday Happy Hour and toast to the season with your favorite George’s® cocktails. Need a recipe? Check out our bar recipes page for the widest array of cocktails for even the pickiest drinker!
Gingerbread House Competition
Provide your guests with undecorated gingerbread houses, plus the frosting, and ask them to bring their favorite candy to decorate! Have a judge pick the best creation, or take it to social and allow your online friends to choose the winner. Send the winner home with a small gift such as a Christmas candle or a treat.
White Elephant Party
Picking out the perfect gift can get tough, so try out a White Elephant gift exchange! Have each guest bring a gift and place them in a pile anonymously. Everyone then draws a number and the person with number one starts the game by choosing a present to unwrap, the person with number two then can choose whether they want the unwrapped gift, or to unwrap a new gift. From there the game continues until all numbers are chosen and gifts are unwrapped.
Now that you’re prepared with the best holiday party gifts, drinks, and games, let the season of giving begin!