The Best Halloween Party Ideas with George’s®
Calling all ghouls and goblins! Halloween is right around the corner, and at George’s Beverage Company, we’re sharing our favorite party tips to give your guests pumpkin to talk about. From delicious drinks to yummy foods, and ways to spookify your table spread, check out our top tips to throw the best bash.
Keep scrolling for our favorite ways to eat, drink, and be scary!
The Best Halloween Drinks
Give your guests something to talk about with our RedRum cocktail! Simply add the following ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice, and shake until very cold. Then, pour it into a chilled glass and garnish with a lemon twist!
Looking for a drink that’s easy to make, with maximum spook factor? Look no further than Zombie Juice! Simply add 3oz. of GEORGE’S® Lime Margarita Mix, 1.5oz. of your favorite tequila, and 1 tbs of activated charcoal. Shake all ingredients well in a cocktail shaker, and pour into ice-filled glasses. Enjoy!
Calling all witches! Here’s a drink recipe you won’t need to pull out your cauldron for (…or do, we don’t judge.)
- 1 oz. GEORGE’S® Sweet and Sour Mix
- 1.5 oz. Midori
- 1.5 oz. Cointreau
How to Make It:
- Place all ingredients in a cocktail shaker.
- Shake well.
- Pour into ice-filled glasses
- Garnish with cocktail cherries. Or, one cube of dry ice**.
**Please Note! Do not swallow dry ice or touch it with bare skin! Dry ice is extremely cold (-109.3° F or -78.5° C) and touching it can cause frostbite or burns. Dry ice is safe for use in cocktails, as long as you avoid swallowing and use gloves and tongs during handling. A 1-inch chunk will settle to the bottom of drinks and cocktails and disappear in about 5 minutes. You can sip the top of the drink, or for maximum safety wait until the dry ice disappears completely from the glass.
Here’s a delicious drink that all of your best ghoul friends will love! See how below.
- Add 4 oz. of GEORGE’S® Pina Colada Mix, 2 oz. of orange juice (we like fresh squeezed, or no sugar added), 2oz. Of your favorite rum, and 2 cups of ice into a blender. Blend well until smooth.
- Rim your glass by pouring 2 tbs. of corn syrup into a shallow bowl, or plate. Then, dip a toothpick into red food coloring, and stir a small amount into the corn syrup. Stir until the mixture looks like blood.
- Dip your glass into the red syrup, and then the glass to coat the entire rim. Turn the glass upright to allow the syrup to drink down the sides of the glass to resemble dripping blood.
- Then, pour your blended drink mixture into your glass.
GEORGE’S® Scary Mary
It’s a no-brainer “ (pun intended) that what sets the traditional Bloody Mary apart from the rest of the year, is the garnishes….aside from the taste of our delicious mixes! Just choose your favorite flavor and have fun making mummy’s favorite Bloody Mary! Add 2 oz. of vodka, and 3 oz. of your choice of Frank’s RedHot®, OLD BAY®️, Zatarain’s®, or GEORGE’S® Spicy or Mild Bloody Mary Mix. Shake all ingredients with ice and pour into an ice-filled old-fashioned glass. Garnish with toppings of your choice, and enjoy!
Bonus Recipe: George’s® Halloween Margarita
What You’ll Need:
- 4 oz fresh blood orange juice or fresh-squeezed orange juice
- 4 oz GEORGE’S® Margarita Mix
- 3 1/2 oz silver tequila
- Red chili peppers for “devil horns” (for fun but not necessary!)
- Salt for rim
How to Make It:
- Using gloves (to protect sensitive hands from the heat) cut the stem off of the chilis.
- Using a small sharp knife cut a little slit on the cut side of the chili.
- Combine the orange juice, GEORGE’S, and tequila with an ice cube or two.
- Shake very well.
- Pour into salt-rimmed Margarita glasses.
- Place the chilis on the glass to look like spooky horns!
The Best Food for a Halloween Party
If you haven’t tried our turkey club pinwheels, you’re seriously missing out on an eerie-sistible treat! Simply mix one 8 oz package of softened cream cheese, ½ cup of mayo, and ¾ cup of your choice of Frank’s RedHot®, OLD BAY®️, Zatarain’s®, or GEORGE’S® Spicy or Mild Bloody Mary Mix. Add 3 chopped scallions, and 4 cooked and chopped bacon slices.
Then, lay out your flour tortillas, and spread your GEORGE’S/ cream cheese mixture over half the tortilla. Lay a few slices of deli turkey, we like smoked, over the mixture, and top with some romaine lettuce. Roll the pinwheels tightly and stick in the fridge for an hour, and slice them into 1-inch pieces.
Finally, spook up your pinwheels by taking mozzarella pearls and attaching black olives with a toothpick to look like eyeballs, and stick 2 on each wheel before serving. Enjoy!
OLD BAY®️ VODKA Gummy Bears
What’s Halloween without some yummy gummies?! Create your adults-only candy with our iconic OLD BAY®️ VODKA! See how to make them below.
Step 1: Purchase your favorite gummy bears or other gummy treats!
Step 2: Soak your gummies in enough OLD BAY®️ VODKA to cover them.
Step 3: All the gummies to double in size, and enjoy!
The gelatin in the gummy bears will absorb the alcohol, giving them a burst of boozy flavor after they double in size.
Charcuterie boards are a fan favorite at any get-together! First, choose a tray or a board for your Halloween-themed charcuterie board. We suggest going for a black tray, or dark wood cutting board to set the tone.
Then, start adding your favorite meats, cheeses, and fruits based on what your guests enjoy the most! At George’s®, we suggest adding some deep-red colored meats, as well as your favorite blue cheese for that spooky look. This is also a great place to add mozzarella balls skewered with black olives for creepy eyeballs!
Other great additions to your Halloween charcuterie board? Dark blackberries and raspberry preserves look bloody, and their sweetness pairs well with sharp cheese. We even like to add some candy corn for a Halloween classic.
Decorate your charcuterie board with fake plastic spiders, mini skulls, and skeleton hands. Have fun, get creative, and enjoy!
Bonus Recipe: Beef Stick Fingers
Amp up the creepiness with beef stick fingers! Simply use Slim Jims, pepperoni sticks, vienna sausage, or other, and add a few slits down the length of them with a knife to make them look like fingers. Add these as a topping to your favorite Bloody Mary, or leave them out on a platter to snack on with some cheese and veggies.
Tips for Spooking Up Your Party!
Bloody Marys in Blood Bags
At George’s® Beverage Company, we know a thing or two about Bloody Marys! Make your favorite George’s® Bloody Mary recipe, and transfer them out of the cup, and into some fake blood bags for your guests to enjoy!
Shots for everyone this Halloween! Gather the ingredients to make your favorite George’s® Beverage Company cocktail, and be sure to mix all cocktails well to ensure that the flavors are completely infused. Then, gather your plastic syringes, and draw the drink into the vessel. Chill them on ice and enjoy!
Pro Tips for a Spooky Setting
Looking for other ideas to add some fun to your Halloween party? Check out some of our favorites below!
- Put water in latex gloves, and freeze! After the water freezes in the gloves, the ice will be formed like hands, and you can add it to batched drinks.
- Rim your drink glasses with light corn syrup tinted with red food coloring for a bloody look.
- Place plastic spiders in ice cube trays, fill them with water, and freeze for a scare!
We can’t wait to see how you throw down for Halloween! Make spooktacular memories with George’s® Beverage Company and OLD BAY®️ VODKA, and tag us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok for a chance to be featured on our social media, and website!