Top St. Patrick’s Day Recipes
Are you looking for the best food recipes to pair with our favorite St. Patrick’s Day drinks? The team at George’s® Beverage Company has you covered! Whether you’re in the mood for a classic Irish dish or need an easy breakfast meal for the day after.
Ready to get cooking? Check out our favorite St. Patrick’s Day recipes below, and don’t forget that you can cook with George’s every day with mouth-watering meals from our recipes page!
Meals to Cook on St. Patrick’s Day
1. GEORGE’S® Reuben Dip
This yummy take on a classic Reuben sandwich will have you coming back until it’s all gone! Simply preheat your oven to 400 degrees, and coat your pie dish or skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Then, in a large bowl, combine the ingredients listed below, and mix well.
- 1-8oz package of cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz deli corned beef, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup Swiss cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Sauerkraut well drained
- 1/4 cup Sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup GEORGE’S® Bloody Mary Mix of your choice
Spread into your prepared dish and bake in the preheated oven until it’s hot and bubbly approximately 20 minutes. Serve with your favorite crackers or chips and enjoy!
Who doesn’t love a good sausage and peppers meal to celebrate the luck of the Irish? For this delicious dish, heat 1-2 tablespoons of oil in a 12” skillet. Add in a pound of sausage of your choosing, and cook until browned.
Then, remove the sausage and add one medium or large sliced pepper, one sliced onion, a minced garlic clove, 8 oz. of diced tomatoes, and ½ cup of your favorite Old Bay®, Zatarain’s®, Franks RedHot®, or George’s® Spicy or Mild Bloody Mary Mix. Cook until tender, approximately 5-7 minutes.
Finally, add your sausage to the mixture and add salt and pepper to taste. Cook at medium to low and simmer for approximately 20 minutes for the perfect Irish-inspired dish!
You can put the luck in potluck with GEORGE’S® Lentil Soup! To make this savory favorite, heat your oil in a medium to large pot over medium heat. Then, add one medium carrot, onion, celery stalk and garlic clove chopped and peeled. Add your salt and pepper to taste and sauté until the veggies are tender, approximately 5-8 minutes.
Add a 14 ½ oz. can of diced tomatoes, and stir that in with their juices. Simmer until the juices have evaporated a bit and the tomatoes break down, stirring occasionally, approximately 8 minutes. Add ⅔ cup of lentils, mix to coat.
Add in 2 cups of chicken broth, with ½ cup of your favorite Old Bay®, Zatarain’s®, Franks RedHot®, or George’s® Spicy or Mild Bloody Mary Mix and stir. Add 1 – 1 ½ tsp of fresh or drive thyme, and bring the dish to a boil over high heat. Once it’s boiling, lower the heat and simmer until the lentils are almost tender, approximately 30 minutes.
Finally, stir in ½ cup of dried elbow pasta and simmer until the pasta is tender, but firm, approximately 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve with shredded parmesan cheese sprinkled on top!
There’s absolutely nothing better for breakfast than a bloody mary, but our second choice will always be our GEORGE’S® Bloody Mary Breakfast Bake! Ready to dish it out yourself? Follow the instructions below!
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Thaw 2 cups of frozen shredded hash browns, and squeeze out as much excess water as possible by pressing them into a kitchen towel.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter and mix it in with your hashbrowns, season with salt and pepper to taste, and press them into the bottom of your pie pan or skillet to form a bottom crust- bake for 20 minutes.
- While your crust is baking, chop 8 slices of bacon, and cook until they’re brown and crisp.
- Mix ¾ cups of your favorite Old Bay®, Zatarain’s®, Franks RedHot®, or George’s® Spicy or Mild Bloody Mary Mix with ½ cup of salsa.
- Beat 8 large eggs into your bloody mary and salsa mixture, and add in 4 oz. of shredded cheddar cheese, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn the oven down to 350 degrees, pour the bloody mary egg mixture into the pie pan. Sprinkle bacon on top and bake for 30-35 minutes until the center is just set.
Serve your breakfast with your favorite GEORGE’S® Bloody Mary and enjoy!