Planning the Perfect Backyard BBQ
Start the summer season off right by planning the perfect backyard barbecue for your closest friends and family! One of the best ways to kick off sweet summertime is relaxing with your favorite people in the backyard, kicking on the grill, and enjoying some ice-cold drinks.
Whether you’re hosting an epic fourth of July celebration or welcoming in the weekend, the team at George’s Beverage Company® rounded up our favorite tips for pulling off the perfect backyard barbecue!
The Best Summer Cocktails
Help your guests cool down with some of our favorite summer refreshers!
Take a spin on a summer classic with GEORGE’S® Strawberry Lemonade! Simply combine 3 oz. of GEORGE’S® Strawberry Margarita-Daiquiri Mix with 2 oz. of fresh-squeezed lemon juice, and 1 ½ oz. of your favorite vodka in a cocktail shaker. Throw an ice cube or two and shake well until cold. Pour your drink into an ice-filled glass and garnish with lemon and strawberry!
Put a George’s twist on a summertime favorite with GEORGE’S® Pineapple Sour! Simply add the following ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice, and shake well for 30-45 seconds. Then garnish with a pineapple wedge and enjoy!
- 2 oz Bourbon
- 1 oz GEORGE’S® Sweet and Sour Mix
- 1 oz Pineapple Juice
- 1 egg white
- Pineapple wedge for garnish
3. Shore Crush
You know it’s not a bbq without some of our favorite OLD BAY®️ VODKA! Enjoy the OBV Shore Crush by combining 1 ½ oz. of OLD BAY®️ VODKA, 3 oz. watermelon juice or puréed watermelon, and 1 oz. fresh lime juice in a cocktail shaker. Pour your drink over an ice-filled glass rimmed lightly with OLD BAY®️ SEASONING. Garnish with a watermelon wedge or cubes! Cheers!
Top 3 Cookout Food Ideas
Shrimp on the barbie, anyone? GEORGE’S® Margarita Mix makes the tastiest grilled shrimp on the East Coast. Simply add the following ingredients into a bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate your shrimp in the marinade for at least 30 minutes before cooking on skewers.
- 1 lb Shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 2 tablespoons of GEORGE’S® Margarita Mix
- 2 tablespoons of your favorite Tequila Blanco
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
What’s an outdoor barbecue without deviled eggs? Make this crowd-pleaser with your favorite bloody mary mix for the ultimate flavor.
Here’s how it’s done:
- Hard cook 12 eggs, cut the eggs in half and mash the yolk in a bowl.
- Add the following to the mashed egg yolk and mix well:
- Fill your eggs with the mixture, and top with finely chopped celery for garnish. Sprinkle with Old Bay®️ if desired.
Get the grill heated up for our favorite grilled chicken recipe that’s sure to impress! Marinate chicken breasts, or thighs with the following overnight, or for up to two days, then grill to perfection!
- 2 parts of your favorite Frank’s RedHot®, Old Bay®️, Zatarain’s®, or GEORGE’S® Spicy or Mild Bloody Mary Mix.
- 1 part Vodka – we suggest our favorite OLD BAY®️ VODKA.
- Garlic powder, onion powder, and salt and pepper to taste.
Backyard BBQ Games and Activities
Beer Pong – But Make it OLD BAY®️ VODKA!
Put an OBV twist on beer pong by filling up those cups with our favorite OLD BAY®️ VODKA drinks, or shots, we don’t judge.
Corn Hole Competition
Paint The Bottles
Make good use of your George’s Beverage Company and OLD BAY®️ VODKA bottles with a painting party for your friends! Upcycle the bottles with some paint to showcase your artistic skills, and have fun!